Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Blog 8

Ryan Chen
5/3/17
Where do I go from Here?
My dream job in computer science would be to work in the video game industry or anything that has to do with computer programming. I think it’s an interesting field and I would enjoy doing it because I had a lot of fun playing with scratch. Or job that has to do with computers I would like to do because I think computers are interesting to me and I just like using computers on a daily rather than working anywhere else.

The topics I would like to learn more about would be how a computer works such as how to protect yourself from hackers. How do hackers hack the computer. The robot software we used today is the set of coded commands or instructions that tell a mechanical device and electronic system what to do (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_software) and learning how to tell a robot what to do is interesting to me. Protecting yourself from hackers would be interesting to learn about because it’s important to keep all your data and personal information secured. Also I’m curious to learn out hackers hack into computers because not everyone can do it and it sounds interesting. Robots are being computer programmed and it amaze me how it can sort of do the things almost a regular human can do so learning more about that field would be interesting.

The classes I would be looking forward to taking in the future is all the CIS classes required to take for me to get my degree. Classes such as computer architecture and data and program structures. All the classes in computer science sounds interesting to me and I am looking forward to taking them.

I felt like this class did a really good job on covering all the materials that needs to be covered in a intro to computer science class. It helps people get an idea of what computer science is. Not every subject covered in class is the same thing everyday like for example one day the lecture is going to be about robots and another day it’s going to be about some history of computer science. Everyone has their own preference on what they want to learn in class so if a subject is covered more deeply on a particular area some students might find it boring.

There were a lot of information covered in the textbook but the most interesting parts of the textbook was on pattern on the stones where it talks about encrypting letters that are used more often to save up memory space (P.100). It gave me a little more understanding and thinking more about the little things about a computer. Before that I wasn’t really thinking about how memory gets stored in a computer or what it takes to store memory back then because data was limited and expensive back then. Another part of the textbook that was interesting to me was in the 9 algorithms textbook where it talked about paint-mixing with numbers (p.48). It talked about math in computer science that was interesting to me because I didn’t know how math was applied in computer science so it gave me a little bit more of an idea.

There are a lot of areas I want to learn more about like how to program a robot or how to create my own video game one day from scratch. I think making my own video game would be on the top of my list because I grew up as a kid playing computer games not thinking about how the creator made it. But now looking back it’s got to sound kind of complicated because there looks to be a lot of coding and information to every computer game. Programming a robot would be cool to learn about because robots are taking over the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment